Friday, September 28, 2012

Rally Stop Vancouver, Washington

When pulling up to the high school Jamie once attended just before she disappeared I felt a sadness, reminded of a young girl who never got the chance to graduate, a young girl who never had a life past her teen years. There, her sister and friends waiting for someone to reach out and care. You think back to so many years she has been gone, some may even ask why would anyone continue their search for a missing loved one all the years later? Well, fortunately anyone who wants to ask that question, does not get that right too, because only then would it be obvious they have not lost anyone in that manner.

We looked at old pictures, and viewed a few items found on a crime scene years ago when a recovery took place of two teen bodies in the mountain woods, some of Jamie's personal items were in the collection; but they never found her. I wonder, hell not wonder but question very hard on that matter, did they search hard enough, long enough? She has to still be out there, my plan is to get a renewed search for this case, I am convinced she is still there and maybe even more may be there. Many cases around the country, never enough resources to aid them all, so this takes time.

I am reminded of all the years families of the missing endure waiting! Days that drag on and on, while the world is busy zooming by with barely a care or notice of anything wrong, a world not affected by a missing person. It is hard to get most people really involved in a missing person case, now a days if a new case comes up people want to share the story, blog their opinions, make a poster.....but down here on the ground floor where I am daily, help? Not so much, other than those who search with us, the unnoticed dedication of trained volunteers.

A wonderful lady shows up carrying flowers of bright color, it reminds me of back in the day colors, when I think things were a little more carefree...at least for me anyway. We took the pedals from those flowers and in a ceremony sprinkled them all around the sign of the school, we signed a guest book while her sister shared stories and walked down memory lane for some time. I recall thinking the love between sisters is really unmeasurable in most families and I was proud Jamie had a sister like that, still fighting the fight for her, loving her with no time lapse.

When I see families like this with years of living in the unknown for so long I know the world problems that arise are just not that important today. I am reminded of myself as a teen, and the darkness of the reality... this could have been me. I leave with a humble heart.

Monica Caison

No comments:

Post a Comment