Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rally Stop Mendocino, California

We arrived late the night before because of a promise, a promise that I would set aside to go out and shoot coordinates for an upcoming search for Kathy; you see they have been waiting and the time has come to renew that effort for her. So, I got up early the next morning and we set out riding around to locations, discussing locations and doing some prep work, leaving not much time to get to the next rally stop that mid morning. The day was beautiful and surrounded by the ocean's beauty and hidden places we passed by that if time had allowed I would have turned around to go back for a second look.

Arrival to the church was very calm, welcomed in by the hungry eyes of many there, I always notice the different looks missing persons families have, it is something you just learn and in time just know. I was standing a little away from everyone for just a few minutes, silently praying for a good day, a peaceful day when walking up my way i noticed the "cop" walk, I welcomed him in appreciation, we immediately found a corner to have a private time and talk, it was a good one and much needed for the case ahead.

The event began just a bit late but it was okay, it was a very relaxing setting and mood. As each person spoke I listened, sometimes looking out to the ocean, searching for maybe some answers at times in the vast sea of a reflection. The only ones I got were not those I liked at all. The rally stops are so important, but often a hard reality that more work lies ahead in every case we have, never enough hours in a day, month or year. I always find myself wondering why many live life unscarred and so many I have met "not so much luck with that escape". Not that I would ever wish anything like having a missing person on anyone, but just in need of an answer to that question, and again it never comes.

Today the cry for help was heard by all for missing David and Kathy, media did a great story, law enforcement still offers a relentless dedication, these things are important. The church, the ocean, the soft drum beat played, candles lit all in honor of those never to be forgotten. Shelli has and continues to do an amazing job in her devotion to her missing loved one as thousands across the country do, but she is scarred and it shows, I do not feel as bad leaving this stop because I know we will be back soon for a search....I know she will be okay for now until we return.

Monica caison

No comments:

Post a Comment